Monday, October 27, 2008

Hayden's birthday


Today Hayden is 8 years old!! We had his birthday party with friends on Saturday night - 9 extra kids - can you say hectic?! Really though, I had the help of some fabulous friends (thank you Kurt and Kandi!!!) and Hayden really had fun. This year he wanted a Patrick Star theme (that's SpongeBob's best friend, for those who have escaped the SpongeBob craze). So we played "Pin the Brain on Patrick". This is not a real game...just our own homemade version of an old favorite. :) So I drew a big posterboard sized Patrick in pencil, and then the boys colored the whole thing - and they did a great job! Then we made a bunch of paper brains for everyone to stick on Patrick's head. Then everyone got to choose a prize from the grab bag (those who got their brain closest to his head got to choose first.) Hayden chose one of those spinny windmill things (what are these really called??) - you'll see in the pic.


And the highlight - a Patrick pinata! Now that was a real trick. We ended up buying a star-shaped pinata and spraypainting it pink, then hand painting on the details. Hayden called it a "pinata masterpiece" when we were through! (Note - the reason Patrick is headless in some of the pictures is because Stephen knocked his body right off his head...boy did the kids go crazy for that one! But none of the candy fell out, so we had to rig it up to hang just the body.)


Tonight we did family presents and went to Arctic Circle for dinner (Hayden's choice - he likes their indoor play area). We had to fit it around Stephen's football game though - yes, another football game. Anyway, he seemed to love his presents, and had fun talking to all the family members that called to wish him a happy birthday (you'll see the earpiece in his ear).





HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAYDEN - WE LOVE YOU!!!

4 comments:

Wendy Delgado said...

I love the pinata lol it turned out great! Did you draw the picture of patrick for pin the brain on patrick wow it looks so good! Few more spongebob birthdays and you be pro artise of the whole sponge bob toons! Haydens sponge bob birthdays remind me of a friend who done Toy Stoy Halloween costume for four years now ha ha ha she posted up TOY STORY FOR LIFE! You should go back and find pics of all of Haydens Spongebob birthdays! Anyways your such an asome mom for trying to make everything perfect and just how they want their birthdays! I see you have inherite that from mom :) love you sis have a good week! Take lots of pic of HALLOWEEN for us our trunk or treat is tomarow! yea! Keep posting we love the pics!

Shalantie said...

Hey Shell! You did a great job putting that party together! And what a smart idea having the boys help by coloring patrick. It was so fun talking to Hayden last night. I mentioned to him that JJ really liked the song "move along by all american rejects" too and Hayden was like, well that's not really my favorite anymore and I don't really need to know who sings it. Hm... well alright then :) Kids sure do speak their minds. Hayden was super shocked though when I told him that Jeff also baptized me. He couldn't believe it! I was telling JJ last night how I can always talk about my nephews like I know what's going on with them- then once I engage in a conversation with them- I'm so surprised because I thought I knew them, but time slips away, they grow and learn and gain opinions. It's crazy! The boys are so smart and we really love them. I hope this comment wasn't a jumbled mess.

The Bundrocks said...

Happy Birthday Hayden! Branson was so excited to talk to you on your birthday. I can't believe you are 8 already! You look so big and grown up now and sooo smart-just like your brother! You are a great example to Branson and he loves you a lot.
Love, Aunt Stephanie

Kaycee and RJ said...

Shelley its been a while , huh? Your boys are handsome! I had fun reading about your family. Where are you living now? I hope all is going well and I can see that you are just as creative as you were in high school! Sounds like you had a fun party! I hope to hear from you soon. Take care.
Kaycee