What are your traditions? Or your friends' traditions? I'm looking for fresh ideas for Valentine's Day this year. What do you guys do for your kids? I've made it a tradition that I set up a treasure hunt for them, which I'm sure I'll still do. But this year I was thinking of adding something new. "Heart attack" their bedroom before they wake up? Make heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast? Please help!
13 years ago



4 comments:
We generally just give a bag of candy and a toy.I like your idea of putting hearts in the room.
We have a pink breakfast :O) Heart shaped pink pancakes, and pink scrambled eggs. I usually set out their candy and valentines from us in the middle of the table.
One thing that my family did when I was little that we are doing this week for FHE - is we made valentines bags and hung them on our doors. We made lots and lots of home made valentines and put them in eachothers bags throughout the week. Of course mom and dad put something in there every day - usually at night - so we woke up to some fun surprise. It was not always big - sometimes just a valentines pencil, candy, a little toy, or a note. But it is a tradition we are carrying on here. :O)
Good Luck - I can't wait to hear everyones ideas!!!
Great idea to ask for others' traditions Shelley, last valentines day we just set out valentines and balloons and saw the kids' faces light up when they saw that valentines wasn't just for mom and dad. This year instead of just us going out I think we are going to take the whole crew out. Spread the love.
We make Valentine's for grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc and send them off. I LOVE the idea of heart attacking the rooms! I'm totally stealing it!
Post a Comment