Friday, June 27, 2008

Hi again! It's been a while...I can't believe we're almost in July!! The boys have been out of school for just over a month now, and things have been very busy here lately. A quick rundown of the major changes:

-I started working part time at the temple at night, and I really like it
-Jeff left West Coast Paper for a new job (A-Core, a concrete cutting company), and they promptly sent him out of state just this week to work on a highway in Montana...till August 1st!

Big news this week: Stephen and Hayden went to science camp, and loved it...dissecting sheep's eyeballs, making edible aquifers, roasting smores in their handmade solar ovens, pocket tornadoes, lava tubes, etc. Hayden told his teacher that there are 100 days of regular school that he hated, and four days of school that he loved (which is Science Camp).

My parents are coming up tomorrow to spend the week of the 4th with us, and we're all excited about that. The 4th of July here is a big deal...there is a really big fireworks show on the river downtown, and a whole day of games, food, and entertainment leads up to it. Last year the boys went on a bungee cord blow-up type toy...they strapped themselves to a cord, then had to try and run forward as far as they could to throw a basketball into a basket before the cord yanked them back. They have lots of those blow-up toys for kids...bounce houses, slides, etc. Anyway, we're all looking forward to it again this year.

In a couple weeks we're signing them up for swimming lessons...this year Hayden is a Guppy and Stephen is a Minnow. Basically, they're getting pretty good for their age. :)

Well, happy summer to everyone - hope you're all doing well!!!

1 comment:

Shalantie said...

Oh Shell! I'm so happy! I got into your blog :) You did that for me didnt you? AND I see that you have a new background! VERY CUTE! I am so glad that I have your blog now. I love it. I love the picture of you and Jeff on the side and I also love seeing the pictures of the boys. I have never seen any of their school pictures! Can you believe it. I need to be more in tune with my handsome and wonderful nephews! I just can't believe how big they are. If time permits you to update your blog every now and then, I strongly encourage it:) AND now you need to get everyone's blog that you know and add them onto yours so that they can comment on the MINER family adventures!! Go to "customize" on your blog again and then under "link list" type in the blog addresses that you have and save it. WA LA!. you probably have Stephanies to add, but if you don't, her blog is.
www.bunsrus.blogspot.com
Love you!!